Collaboration is a core value of the UW-Madison Department of Statistics. We believe that working with cutting-edge companies inspires new ideas, supports innovative research, creates opportunities for students, supports businesses, and keeps our work relevant.
Our Industrial Affiliates Program (IAP) enables an exchange of ideas, resources, and talent between innovative companies and the University.
Join Us and Start:
- Developing partnerships that advance your business goals.
- Promoting your company on campus and inspiring students to join you.
- Collaborating with world-class faculty.
- Benefiting from innovative research in your field.
- Networking and connecting with other industrial affiliates.
- Supporting innovation and discovery with national and worldwide impact.
Getting Started and Donations
Start by reaching out
We want to enable an exchange of ideas, resources, and talent between your company and the University. Getting to know each other helps us figure out if a general affiliation is best or if you would be better served by specialization with our Architecture, Database, or Optimization programs.
Minimum for General Membership
- $10,000/year for companies with income greater than $1 million
- $5000/year for companies with income less than $1 million
Minimum for Specialized Affiliates Program: Computer Architecture, Database or Optimization
Enabling one of your team members to spend a year with us.
While unrestricted cash provides the greatest flexibility, some donations are targeted towards specific areas including diversity and outreach programming, student services and enrichment, Distinguished Lecturer Series, scholarships and fellowships, summer research, or individual research. Donations may be paid as cash or through targeted software and/or equipment gifts. Targeted equipment and software donations typically satisfy particular instructional or research areas.
Industrial Affiliates Program
We are happy to answer questions and help identify the right opportunities for you.
Faculty Chair: Yahzen Wang
Industrial Affiliates Manager: Dan Barnish