Benefits of Joining
With our Industrial Affiliate Program, you have an opportunity to develop a relationship that will serve your company’s business needs. Industrial Affiliates enjoy many specific benefits including the following:
Direct Access to the Best and Brightest
- Attend our targeted, annual Job Fair
- Space in our building to hold company information sessions
- Space in our building for student meetings and interviews
- Promotion of your opportunities, interviews, and events emailed directly to students
Faculty Connection and Collaboration
As an Industrial Affiliate, you have direct access to faculty who make themselves available for discussions about research, students, curriculum, and other related topics. Faculty may also be available to visit your company to share their work, develop deeper partnerships, or to give a research presentation.
Build Your Brand at UW and Beyond
- Promote your company on our Industry Affiliates website, at events, and in our annual report
- Citations in publications where your company has offered direct support
Share Your Vision: Campus Technical Talks
Industrial Affiliates are invited to join us to present through two different talk series:
Need to Find Link or Make Page for Red Talks
- Red Talks – Longer format, promoted campus-wide, audience includes faculty, students, and the campus community
- Lightning Talks – Shorter format on a specific interest area led in collaboration with faculty; focus on faculty/industry collaboration
Be the First to Know
As an Industrial Affiliate, you will receive early notice of our publications and technical reports. This means you will know immediately when new work is added to our website. You may also choose to receive quarterly hard copies of these reports.
We regularly offer talks, seminars, and longer research workshops on current research. Invitations to these events are provided only to members of our Affiliates Program. Organizational members may send multiple attendees to each seminar.
Industry Affiliates may choose to have a team member spend up to a year with us as an embedded collaborator. Your team member will be able to attend classes and presentations, develop a deep network in the Department, and participate in research group activity. We provide office space, computing resources, and network access to ensure a comfortable stay. See “Overview” for additional details.
Some Industrial Affiliates choose to upgrade their membership to support a specific program area. Membership in these areas requires an additional fee but these members are offered specialized access in addition to general program benefits, including the following:
Computer Architecture Affiliates Benefits
- You will be invited to the Computer Architecture Affiliates annual meeting, which includes discussions of recent research and an opportunity for you to provide input on research directions. Faculty and students will share their work with you, facilitating technology transfer in both directions.
- You can choose to be notified when the final versions of our papers become available (typically three months before publication). Some earlier drafts of papers will also be available (six to nine months before publication).
- You will get first dibs on graduate students looking for positions. Resume books are shared at our Computer Architecture Affiliates meeting, greatly increasing your chance of hiring them.
Database Affiliates Benefits
- You will be invited to the Database Affiliates annual meeting to discuss recent research and explore future directions with students, faculty, and other Database Affiliates. These meetings provide database students and faculty an opportunity to share their work with industry affiliates, facilitating technology transfer in both directions.
- You will get to know our students early in their graduate student careers, which will strengthen your connections to them while they are still students. You are also entitled to in-department recruiting.