In order to facilitate the success of students taking our introductory courses, the Department of Statistics offers FREE drop in tutoring for STAT 301, 324, and 371.
**The Statistics Learning Center will be available for students enrolled in STAT 301, 324, and 371 via remote tutoring through a Canvas course. Students can self-enroll in the course through https://canvas.wisc.edu/enroll/3X6LJX. Once enrolled, please follow the instruction on the Canvas course home page.
For Canvas and BB Collaborate Ultra help, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
The Statistics Learning Center is open Wednesday through Friday with the following hours:
Spring 2020 Hours:
January 29th, 2020 – May 1st, 2020*
Wednesday 12:30-3:30 pm
Thursday 4:00-7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
What We Do
Stop in and take advantage of tutoring provided by: * Getting assistance in a small group or 1-on-1 tutoring * Discussing concepts from the text or lecture that need further clarification or explanation * Obtaining a deeper and more satisfying grasp of statistical concepts
Questions or concerns should be directed to the Learning Center Coordinator, Laura Juszczyk, Room 1225, email@example.com. If unavailable, please contact the department office, Room 1220 Medical Sciences Center.
Online Academic Support
Online learning can be daunting and is new for many students. For academic support and tips on how to be successful in an online course, see the resources below:
- UW-Madison Online: https://online.wisc.edu/blog/tips-online-learning/
- UW-Madison Summer Programs: https://summer.wisc.edu/blog/tips-to-succeed-in-online-class
- University of Michigan – changing study habits with COVID-19: https://lsa.umich.edu/content/dam/rll-assets/rll-docs/Study%20Habits.pdf
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Self-Paced Learning Worksheet (for student self-assessment/reflection): https://eipd.dcs.wisc.edu/non-credit/DTL/PCOE/Feb20/PCOE_Orientation/Unit_III/assets/SPLearnerProfile.pdf
- Penn State, Online Learning Readiness Questionnaire (for self-assessment/reflection): http://tutorials.istudy.psu.edu/learningonline/
- Concordia University, Tips for Success: https://www.cu-portland.edu/academics/online-learning/about-studying-online/tips-success
- U of Illinois: http://online.illinois.edu/articles/online-learning/item/2015/09/16/7-tips-for-online-success
- Northeastern University: https://www.northeastern.edu/graduate/blog/tips-for-taking-online-classes/