3rd Annual UW Data Challenge
Thank you to all who participated in this year’s UW Data Challenge! Congratulations to our winners!
We hope you join us next year.
I. Purpose of the organization
1. Spread statistical thinking to fellow undergraduate students
2. Host events to improve members’ statistical skills
3. Guide students to the resources on campus connected to careers in statistics
II. Guaranteed programs and events each year
1. Organize tutoring and study groups for undergraduate statistics courses
2. Organize participation in data competitions
3. Maintain a platform that highlights on-campus and off-campus opportunities in statistics internships, jobs, and graduate programs
III. Statistics Club Membership Requirements
1. Interested in statistics
2. Student at UW – Madison
IV. Statistics Club’s Relationship with Other Student Organizations
1. Statistics Club strives to create meaningful partnerships with other similar student organizations at UW-Madison and at other universities to increase the range of opportunities available to Statistics Club Members
V. Upcoming Events***
The first meeting of Fall 2020 will September 15, 2020, Zoom, from 6-7:00 pm
Zoom Link: https://uwmadison.zoom.us/j/94081859633
Event Description: There will be a small ice breaker for the Statistics Club’s first meeting. Members will introduce the club, announce future events for this semester, and open the data challenge registration.
If you have any questions, feel free to email any of us! We are here to help. 🙂
Siyu Liang – President email@example.com
Eliot Kim – VP of Event Planning firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Hutchins – VP of Event Planning email@example.com
Mengwei Sun – VP of Event Planning firstname.lastname@example.org
Camryn Tautges – VP of Social media email@example.com
Don’t hesitate to join our Facebook page and Instagram (@uwmadisonstatsclub).