Students declared in the Statistics major and are interested in academic advising should contact or schedule an appointment with an advisor via Starfish. Students who are not declared in the Statistics major and are interested in academic advising can also schedule an appointment with an advisor via Starfish.
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote drop-in advising is available to current UW-Madison students. Remote drop-in advising is for major declaration and quick questions (i.e. course swap/change/enroll questions). Course planning, graduate school preparation, research/internship questions, and other questions that will last more than 15 minutes should be discussed during a scheduled advising appointment.
Remote Drop-In Advising Hours & How to Access via Zoom:
- For Statistics Drop-In Advising, click on the day below to access the Zoom link for drop-ins on that given day:
- Click on the appropriate link above. If prompted, enter your log-in information (This should be your NetId and password).
- Wait by your computer until you are admitted into the room. Please note that this can take up to 15 minutes depending on the number of students utilizing drop-in hours.
- Please have your student ID ready to share with the advisor once admitted into the room.
Scheduling An Appointment
To schedule an appointment with an advisor via Starfish:
*Due to COVID-19, face-to-face advising appointments will be canceled until further notice. Advisors will be available via phone, email, Microsoft Office Teams, and Zoom. For more information regarding virtual advising, see here.
To schedule an appointment with an advisor, please continue to utilize Starfish.
- Login to Starfish
- Click the menu icon in the upper-left corner
- Click My Success Network
- To find an advisor or service, click the Show Other Services button under “Your Services” or type the name of the service you’re looking for in the search box
- Click Schedule
- Select your reason for making an appointment – if you have more than one reason, pick the one that you want to talk about the most. You can add more details later on.
- Search the calendar or select your preferred date (dates with available time slots will be bolded on the calendar).
- Select the date/time you want and then confirm.
- Double check the person/service, time, date, and location.
- Add in any notes you want to share. If you selected a phone appointment, be sure to leave your phone number.
- Click Save Changes
You should receive an email confirmation with the appointment details and you’ll see the appointment listed on your Dashboard in Starfish which you can get to from the main menu.
You can also visit the Statistics Advising Page directly on Starfish and choose an advisor to schedule an appointment.
Where We Are Located
We are located in Medical Sciences Center (1300 University Ave.). Enter through the main entrance on University Ave. On the right-hand side, you will see Room 1205. Enter that room and head toward the back of the room. Advisors are located in Room 1223, 1225 (Laura Juszczyk), and 1227 (Sara Rodock).
Undergraduate Statistics Advisors
1225 Medical Sciences Center
To schedule an appointment with Laura, click here.
Laura joined the advising team in July 2018. She received a Bachelor of Science, with a major in Statistics, from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse and a Masters of Education in Higher Education from Marquette University. Laura enjoys working with students who are excited about statistics and how students can utilize their statistics major.
1227 Medical Sciences Center
To schedule an appointment with Sara, please see the Data Science Major page.
Sara joined the department in Summer 2018. Prior to working in Statistics and Data Science, she worked for 10 years in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences as an advisor and in the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies for 8 years. Sara is a Badger alumnus from the History department. She enjoys assisting students with exploration of the Statistics and Data Science majors, working with our MS Statistics: Data Science students, and helping students plan for their future careers and/or continuing education.